Friday, August 13, 2010

My Garden's Earthly Delights

Spent 2 days after returning from the Alps planting the fall garden and getting the maturing summer garden in shape. We have melons on the vine, tomatoes, eggplants and more, but my favorite season is autumn, in the garden and at the table.

These are the some of the fruits of our labor. Despite being poised on the verge of failure in the vineyard and still overwhelmed by the persistence of homebuilding tasks, I do have moments of pleasure when I go into the garden and the garden goes into me.

1 comment:

  1. You're living the true farmers' / wine growers' life, subject to the whims of nature. Though the wine yield may be less than planned / hoped for, many good lessons to be learned in letting go.
    Miss you.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete